Re: Gnopernicus doesn't speak

Hi,

>   (srcore:7870): gnopernicus-WARNING **: Callbacks are NOT supported by "V0
> Kevin- Festival GNOME Speech Driver" voice. gnopernicus-Message: speech
> initialization succeded

Speech is initialized (as it can be seen from message above).

>   gnopernicus-ERROR **: Cannot register a listener for event "focus:".
>   aborting...
>
>   (gnopernicus:7865): gnopernicus-WARNING **: srcore exited.

This is the problem on your computer. The srcore process is not running on
your computer because it is not able to listen events from at-spi. Try to
delete the entire content of /tmp directory and restart the computer (the
root of your problem is /tmp/orbit-USER directory, but nor 100% sure).

> and Gnopernicus doesn't speak nor displays anything on brlmonitor.
>
> If I run Gnopernicus from another account on the same computer and with
> the same window manager, it speaks.  Also, it used to speak well some
> time ago on all accounts.  I tried to copy the
> ~/.gconf/apps/gnopernicus/ directory from the working account to the
> non-working account, but it didn't help, the error above is the same.

This is _not_ a good idea. A better idea is to delete the entire ~/.gconf/
apps/gnopernicus/ directory.

Regards,
Remus