Gnopernicus Questions

Well, I've gotten festival working with gnopernicus on my 500MHZ rh9 box.
Its a huge huge improvement over freeTTS in terms of speed. I can now sort
of navigate the desktop and file manager (Nautilus) and gnopernicus of
course. I've got a few questions though:

1. gnome refuses to log out. I get an error dialog which I can only read
with flat review. When I goto flat review, I get the text (sorry if this
isn't exact, but I can't cut and paste from gnopernicus to my Windows box)
"cannot display location file://logout - location invalid"... Maybe this is
related to the second point below?

2. Every time I try and click a help button anywhere in Gnome, I get a
dialog which tells me that gnome-help, process xxx has crashed. It tells me
to see the gnome crash page for more. Any idea what could be causing this?
Where is this gnome crash page?

3. I know nothing about X. However, I've checked the option in gnopernicus
to have it load on startup, and it never starts. I usually login and press
f2 and type gnopernicus. I created a session-manual file in my .gnome2
directory in my home directory, and put the word gnopernicus in it on a line
by itself, but this has no effect. How do I get gnopernicus to start? What
files and associated docs do I need to look at to be sure my X is setup
propperly? For instance, how do I know what window manager I'm running, and
how do I change this if the one I'm running doesn't work with gnopernicus?
What window manager should I be using with gnopernicus?

4. Is the presentation mechanism documented anywhere? I've been through the
presentation dialog a bit and I don't understand the XML-ish language used
here. Some of the presentation is certainly not optimal for efficient use.
For instance, when speaking what is termed a "table line", I'd like to hear
the item name, its type, and state in that order. I don't care about item
count and shortcut keys, or I'd like to have them spoken at the end of the
utterence, not at the beginning. Certainly speaking the object type first
really slows things down. How can I change this stuff?

Thanx for any info...

                    Rich Caloggero
                    MIT Adaptive Tech. for Info. and Computing