gnopernicus and brltty

Hi

I seem too have things set up according to the instructions on the gnopernicus and brltty pages and I can even tell that brltty is running as a proccess undr the gnome/gnopernicus console however nothing comes out on my alva when I am in xwindows/gnome.  THe cursor just sits in the upper left corner and nothing show on the display even though I can move around with it.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?

Tom