Gnopernicus CVS and Debian

I'm running debian testing/mostly unstable, but as gnopernicus is a
quickly moving target, I typically install it from CVS whenever
something interesting appears. Debian's packages are falling a bit
behind it seems, and I'm thinking about tracking other packages in cvs
and installing them as well. I had some questions, though.

There are lots of heavy interdependencies within the gnome modules, it
seems. If I install a new version of atk/gail, for instance, my
current gtk-config will still point to my old install, right? Is there
any way to fix this? Or are the dpendencies such that I'd need to
install everything from source or everything using dpkg, but I can't
mix the two? Does this hold true with gnome-speech as well? Debian
seems to still be stuck on 0.23; can I just drop 0.24 in and expect it
to work without building a fresh gtk?

Also, I'm getting the following error upon startup of gnopernicus:
(gnopernicus.bin:2268): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:1082: unable to lookup signal "link-selected" for non instantiatable type `AtkHypertext'

** (gnopernicus.bin:2268): WARNING **: Invalid signal type link-selected

I'm assuming this coincides with the mozilla link additions noted in
the changelog? Will upgrading my atk fix this? Can I upgrade atk
independent of gtk, and have the stock gtk-config point to the new
version, or will I be stuck upgrading everything? Or, better yet, is
there an unofficial apt repository that a) tracks a more bleeding-edge
version of gnome and b) meshes well with the debian packaging scheme
(I.e. no strange versioning, no differing names for packages, etc.?)

Thanks.