[g-a-devel]Re: Questions regarding key nav for multiline text entries

JAYARAJ P R wrote:

> This is with respect to the key navigation proposal
> at http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/keynav/gtk_text.html
> for multi-line text field.
>
> 1. Navigate out Ctrl+Tab : Here it mentions that Ctrl+Tab may be broken
>    for testgtk. I looked at the sources for testgtk and found that it
>    is using gtk_text_new() instead of gtk_text_view_new(). So i think
>    this is OK since GtkText is deprecated and is being replaced with
>    GtkTextView. gtk-demo uses GtkTextView and there it is working.

Ok.

> 2. Ctrl+Up/Down : I think Havoc has fixed this problem as part of bug
> #53934.

Ok.

> 3. Ctrl+PgUp/PgDown : I think this is also working. Tested by reducing the
>    size of the "TextView" window that pops up while clicking "Text Widget"
>    in gtk-demo.

Ok.

> 4. Shift+Ctrl+Up/Down arrows : This also seems to work except that sometimes
>    you need to press it twice. Is that the problem reported there?

No, this sounds like a different bug.  If I remember correctly, the
problem reported on the keynav spec page was that Shift+Ctrl+Up/Down
didn't do anything very useful at all, which was later fixed by
Owen/Havoc.

> 5. Ctrl+/ is supposed to select all text. Now if the user presses Ctrl+\
>    can the cursor position shift to the start of the text view? Is this
>    the expected behaviour?

No, I would expect the cursor not to move at all when pressing Ctrl+/,
Ctrl+A, Ctrl+\, or Ctrl+Shift+A.

Cheeri,
Calum.