Re: [g-a-devel]Atk text interface for Stock Ticker applet

Hi Bill,

Below is the gle output for the stock ticker applet.

BonoboPlug
  +------PanelApplet
                +-----GtkHBox
                            +------GtkButton
                            +------GtkButton
                             |             +-----GtkLabel
                            +------GtkFrame
                                           +-----GtkDrawingArea

Panel Applet is defined in the libpanel-applet library.
The ferret dump shows the button_watcher event gets
called for Atkobject of BonoboPlug and PanelApplet
whose role is "frame" and "panel" respectively.

I am confused for which widget I have to implement
AtkText interface.

The problem if I implement AtkText for a subclass of
GtkDrawingArea is that ferret traverses the object
hierarchy only till PanelApplet. Is there any reason why
the _button_watcher routine in ferret does not get called
for all the objects in the hierarchy?

Regards
Jagadeesh

> jagadeesh banavara wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > For the stock ticker applet I want to implement
> > AtkText interface and a factory for gtk_drawing_area
> > to read the scrolled text (Stock Information) by an AT.
>
> One issue I have with this is that you should not use
> a factory in this case; factories can only be
> registered against GObject types, and thus you would be
> registering a (new) factory type for "_all_ GtkDrawingAreas".
> If you use this approach you must also change the stock ticker
> to create a new subclass of GtkDrawingArea so that you can
> register a factory for that subtype, not for GtkDrawingArea.

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.