Re: Status of gtkhtml(2)?

>Hey gang,
>
>So, Anders isn't sure if gtkhtml2 will be ready for GNOME 2.0. Isn't sure as
>in "I dunno". :) Given that the gnomecc shell requires a version of gtkhtml,
>we need to ship it as part of the Desktop release.
>
>Do we ship a ported gtkhtml 1, or...?

I vote to push for gtkhtml2, since we need it (badly!) for accessibility work.
We are planning to support ATK for it, which appears much less feasible for
gtkhtml1.

The reason it's so key for accessibility is because gecko is and will be totally
inaccessible for the short term, so we need another HTML renderer for help and
simple web-type content.

-Bill

P.S. - the gtkhtml2 codebase actually looks quite nice, thanks Anders etc. :-)