Re: RFC: GnomeMDI

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, George wrote:

> And we'll have to maintain libcompat for quite a bit if not
> indefinetly really.  Not adding new features, but it will need to be around
> if we want to show commitment to at least some source compat.

I tought the compat cruft is to stay only until the next major release.
I.e. you will have the timeframe from GNOME2 to GNOME3 to migrate
completely from depracated GNOME1 stuff since they will disappear
completely in GNOME3.
Otherwise,  we will have compat stuff 10 times the size of actual content
for GNOME8.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001