Re: GNOME2 report because this is the new trend (fwd)

ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org> writes:

> 1, libbonobo
> [gnome2] 15:55:43 [cactus galaxy tests]$ ./test-storage
> TEST DRIVER: efs
>
> (process:5167): ** ERROR **: file test-storage.c: line 489: unexpected
> exception: (IDL:Bonobo/Storage/NotSupported:1.0)
> aborting...
> Trace/breakpoint trap

I'll look at this.

> 2, libgnome
>
> test-ditem could use less Martinisms:) I suggest modifying it to work in
> /tmp instead of /home/martin/work :>> It could also display a note at
> startup: `please copy a valid .desktop file to /tmp/test.desktop before
> running this'.

Good idea. It also needs some general polishing and finishing.

> 4, libgnomecanvas
>
> this one used to work before, I remember running canvas_demo a lot when
> creating my gnome-canvas-text pangoization patch. Now it simply crashes:
>
> 0x400b4146 in malloc () from /lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x400b4146 in malloc () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0x400b3844 in malloc () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #2  0x40425e8a in g_malloc (n_bytes=1024) at gmem.c:136
> #3  0x40426edf in g_mem_chunk_alloc (mem_chunk=0x80516d8) at gmem.c:825
> #4  0x4041d8dc in g_hash_node_new (key=0x80b2cd0, value=0x818e718)
>     at ghash.c:624
> #5  0x4041d057 in g_hash_table_insert (hash_table=0x8052a50,
> key=0x80b2cd0,
>     value=0x818e718) at ghash.c:305

Eeeek, fuck. Is it possible that something is screwed up with glib's malloc ?

Just spent several hours debugging guile which was also crashing in malloc(),
but which never crashes with dmalloc nor does dmalloc give me any warnings or
errors.

> 5, libgnomeui
> It still includes widgets from the GTK namespace: gtk-clock and gtkdial.

I think we should remove them. Comments ?

> winhints_demo: lots of warnings, plus, clicking OK in the About box
> doesn't close it. I suppose the following code in gnome-about is supposed
> to make that button active:
> 	gtk_dialog_add_button (GTK_DIALOG (about),
> 			       GTK_STOCK_OK,
> 			       GTK_RESPONSE_OK);
> Whoever ported gnome-about to the new GTK dialog and stock system could
> maybe comment on why this is not working?

That was me. What's wrong with the code, I'm not so familar with GtkDialog ?

> BTW, there was no real decision (or even a moderate discussion) about
> replacing gnoem-about. Does that mean we are stuck with the current one
> for G2? In that case, I suppose I should fix it... (author rendering (with
> clickable email addresses) are mising).

Can you ask andersca how his new GnomeAbout is going ?

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)