Re: building gnome 2.0

Hi Jens,

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Jens Finke wrote:

> Well, the only solution I am aware of, is to install a second copy of
> automake and autoconf into this prefix. Aclocal looks for m4 files always

	Well, I figured the same thing and went about precisely doing that
and that's when I saw your mail :-)

> I hope I'am wrong here, and there is a simpler solution, but thats the way
> it works for me.

	No, I think you are indeed quite correct. It visits the
directories added with the ACLOCAL_FLAGS _after_ looking first at the
installed prefix's aclocal directory.

	Anyway, this seems to be the only solution right now, although
this has to be fixed.

	Regards,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchonvy in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi che iitm ac in>
                      <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>