Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config

On 16 Jun 2001 00:58:05 +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm switching to very angry mode, and removing every swear word than
> > comes up to my mind.

> > > Many. I have already made two announcements on the gnome lists. We also had an
> > > extensive discussion on the gconf list (half a year ago). Most people at Ximian
> > > are aware of the project, and I have even talked to peoples at Sun ;-)
> >
> > So is that it ? People at Ximian and Sun knew about it, and then the
> > whole Gnome community knows about it ?
> > I'm an application developer, I've been to GUADEC, been nearly every day
> > on the gnome irc channel for the last 8 months, read Gnotices every day,
> > am on the Gnome2 and the gnome-devel mailing list, and I never heard of
> > bonobo-conf(ig).
>
> I have made two official announcements the gnome mailing lists. Sorry if you did not
> read them.

Gconf is to be the _only_ configuration backend/library in Gnome 2.0
since development for 1.4 started. You post 2 announcements on (which ?)
mailing lists, and you replace a component that's already part of the
platform with one you've written...

http://news.gnome.org/935902117/index_html

I have CVS write access, I think I can start making my changes to
libgnome to use NeXT-like wrappers for applications, like I posted in 2
different mails already... Right...

I reckon you need a lot more diplomacy and convincing to sneak in
bonobo-config in there.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera