Re: vicious-build-scripts

Robert Mibus wrote:

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 08:11, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 02:38:20PM -0700, John Fleck wrote:

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 07:15:29AM +1100, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 12:24:38PM -0500, Keith Adamson wrote:

I had problems with vicious-build-scripts;

gnome-core looks for libglade-convert in PATH. This isn't installed by libglade in a PATH directory.

Also, dependency on python >= 2 not checked by libglade ... which is needed by libglade-convert.

Neither of these things are true. Libglade installs libglade-convert
into /gnome/head/INSTALL/bin under the default vbs setup (and into
whatever directory binaries normally go in all cases).

It also checks carefully for python >= 2.0 under a variety of names.

The python issue also tripped me up. libglade successfully
discovered that I did not have python2, and modified libglade-convert
appropriately to point at my python 1, but the gnome-core build then
choked because libglade-convert requires python2 to do its thing.

Also, I have /usr/bin/python and /usr/bin/python2 for python 1.5 & 2.0
respectively; can it please take that into account and find python2
instead of just python?

It should be doing this already. Please check the latest release and see what it says during the check. It should be picking the first executable on the path out of "python python2 python2.2 python2.1 python2.0" that satisfies sys.version_info >= (2,0,0) and no import errors when running "import xml.parsers.expat".

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/