Re: gnome control center trouble with sawfish-0.37.2

<simos pc96 ma rhbnc ac uk> writes:

> On 17 Feb 2001, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
>
> > Tadayuki Okada <tadayuki okada windriver com> writes:
> >
> > > It seems the following files are corrupting:
> > > capplet/desktop-entries/bindings-porperties.desktop
> > >                         maximize-porperties.desktop
> > >                         move-porperties.desktop
> > > Japanese menue doesn't display porperly.

> > I just wanted to report something similar.  If I view
> > bindings-porperties.desktop with Emacs, [el] is displayed quite nice
> > (Chinese?) but it's not Greek as it should.  German umlauts are gone.

> 	I just checked and verified that this is the case.

Thanks.

> In fact it appears to me that some conversion from 8-bit to 7-bit took
> place. For example, "Sumtole}seir" is similar with the proper
> "Συντομεύσεις".

Yes, it was a nice idea to enable new devel tools thus late...  But
maybe, xml-i18n-tools aren't faulty.  Someone has to check carefully
what was going on.

> 	The xml-i18n docs say:
> (/usr/doc/xml-i18n-tools-0.5.EazelSourceSnapshot.200101190241/NEWS)
> ** Automatically merges translations from po files back into .oaf files
> |  (encoding to be 7-bit clean). I can also extend this merging
> |  mechanism to support other types of XML files.
>
> Is it this case?

> In case there is need for retranslation, please tell me so.

No, we've to revert the files to a sane state.

This is release critical (at least for all users but the english
speaking users).

--
work : ke suse de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,