Re: [gnet-dev] ghttp for gnet ?

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, fredo wrote:
> are there any guidelines for someone how wants to
> rewrite ghttp ontop of gnet ?
>
> would the function-calls be gnet_http_... ?

Yes.

> also i think that gnet needs a ssl-iochannel, or better
> convert a exiting iochannel into a ssl-one as is required by
> http/1.1.

Ok.

Making your own IOChannel is tricky.  GLib hides a lot of the IOChannel
internals that would be necessary to properly extending the IOChannel.
Essentially they give you a factory interface for creating IOChannels
according to an OS-dependent implementation.  If you figure something out,
let me know.

Either way, an ssl interface would be welcome.  I'm not sure how the
export issues will work out.  I'm in the USA.

Good luck!

David

--
      __          _    __ David Helder - dhelder umich edu
  ___/ /__ __  __(_)__/ / <http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dhelder>