[gnet] connection with timeout

Hi all,

is anyone here who has implemented a connection request with a timeout?
So that the program tries to connect some host for - say - three
seconds, and if he has no connection after this time aborts and returns?
This is very useful for me cause I have to connect some firewalled hosts
who just drop the packets, so I have to wait for the tcp timers to go
out!

So now I have two problems: in the api is mentioned that
gnet_conn_connect() ignores the timeout at the moment (bah :-), and in
version 1.3 the function disappeared (although I am unwilling to use
developement libs for my little project, it is hard enough without
having possible lib fault risks ... :-)

Thanks in advance and greetings,

		axel.