[gnet] gnet_udp_packet_receive question

Hi all,

first some nice wishes: happy new year for all of you! :-)

So, and now I have a brand new new-years problem ;-)
To be precise: I have some trouble with this one: from the APIdoc

-----------------snip-----------------
gnet_udp_packet_receive_new ()

GUdpPacket* gnet_udp_packet_receive_new     (guint8 *data,
                                             gint length);

[HERE]
... data is a shallow copy and must be deallocated by the caller if
necessary when appropriate.
[/HERE]

what exactly does this mean? *must* be deallocated *if neccessary*? ah.
makes quite sense :-)
well, as far as I know is a shallow copy (in this case) a pointer to
some static memory within the original function, and not some
malloc()'ed memory. so this doesnt have to be freed, does it?

thanks for any help and have nice remaining year,

greetings,

		axel.