[gedit-list] gedit

RE:  Linux Pango and Unicode rendering

Olivier,

I currently have gedit v. 2.10.5, and I recently complained to
the gedit-list gnome org that

   I'm using gedit 2.10.5, and when I try to use Combining Diacritical
   Marks, they are rendered badly.  E.g. the sequence

   0+0041   LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A
   0+0301   COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT

   _should_ be rendered as an A with an acute accent on top of it.
   But, at least in my version of gedit, it's rendered as an acute accent
   (over nothing), followed by A.

Paolo Borelli, the gedit guru, responded that it works correctly
with a newer gedit/gtk/pango installation (and he claims that the
magic is done in gtk and pango, not in gedit itself).

Is there a possibility of upgrading our own installation of gedit/gtk/pango? I see that the latest stable version of gedit is 2.14.5

Best wishes,

Ken