[gdome] Help with website examples

Could the website be updated so that the 1st example will compile as-is?

There may be a better way, but here's how I got it to work:

To compile gdome from source on a Fedora system newer than Core 1, you have
to deal with Fedora's lack of glib-config (because they're assuming everyone
has moved onto the new package config stuff in GTK-2). This may also be the
case on other distributions that lack glib-config.

Fedora users can track down an older version of the glib-devel RPM at a
Fedora mirror site that still has FC1 files. The latest version I could
track down was glib-devel-1.2.10-15

Then, update the examplea.c file:

1. Add #include <stdio.h> to the top of the file so fprintf and stderr are
available
2. Replace LOCALDIR down near line 80 with a period so the path is
"./examplea.xml"

Run gdome-config --cflags and gdome-config --libs to get a list of includes
and libraries you can pass to the compiler.

For example, on my Fedora Core 3 system, I used:

gcc -s -O2 -Wall -o examplea examplea.c \
-I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libgdome \
-I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 \
-L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib

Thanks for the super software!

Mike