Re: [gdome]Static linking of libraries

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 22:08, Sunil Kumar wrote:
> 1) pkg-config gdome2 --libs
> It says -- "Package 'gdome2' requires 'libxml-2.0 >=
> 2.4.26' but version of libXML is 2.4.19"
>
> But I have installed libxml2-2.6.5. I don't understand
> why it says that it is an older version.

if you have installed libxml2 locally then you need to set the variable

PKG_CONFIG_PATH

so that it finds the most recent .pc files. man pkg-config gives you
more details about this.

> 2) I linked with glib.a, libxml2.a, libgdome.a
> Now the error is "undefined references to " .. all of
> the gdome functions. for e.g. gdome_di_unref etc.

if I remember correctly, when you link things statically the order of
the parameters on the command line _matters_. In particular, I think you
should list first the code making references, and then the code
referenced to. So I think you should list the .o containing your program
first, then gdome2, then libxml2, and so on and so forth.

Or perhaps I'm mistaken and it's the other way around ;-)

HTH,
--Luca