Re: [gdome]good work and some glib2 issues

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 09:57:16PM +0200, Sven Herzberg wrote:

> > I think you have to talk about it to Enrico Zini. He's the man who makes
> > debian package for gdome2.
> I'm gonna talk to him, we only wanted to have a glib2-version of debs,
> that can be used to create agnubis.

Yiipeee!!!  The Gdome2 Debian Customer Service is at your service!  :-)

Want some glib2 gdome2?  As soon as an upstream version of gdome2 builds
with glib2, I'll be happy to package it.

I'm accepting suggestions on how to handle coexistance of the two
versions.  My current proposal on the matter is this:

considering that:

 - developing with libgdome in Debian is not so spread yet
 - gnome2 is coming soon
 - woody is frozen with the current gdome2.

What I plan to do is maintaining a glib1 gdome2 for woody and a glib2
gdome2 for unstable.  Parallel installations will be supported for the
shared libraries (so that binaries for the two versions can live
together), but -dev libraries will conflict so that only one of the two
versions can be installed.

The rationale is that people with woody will develop with glib1 (as
glib2 is not in woody), while people with the next distro will develop
with glib2 (that will become the standard one).  People with woody that
want to develop with glib2 will have to install glib2 from unstable and
can get libgdome2-dev from there, too.

Now, if somebody needs parallel glib1 and glib2 gdome2 developing
environments in Debian, please let me know so that I can change my mind.
If I won't have a good reason for it, I'll gladly avoid messing with
parallel -dev packages.

----------

Before leaving, please take a few minutes to compile our Gdome2 Debian
Feedback Questionary to help improve the quality of our services:

 1) How do you enjoy your "Gdome2 in Debian" experience?

     [ ] Awesome!
     [ ] Great!
     [ ] Fine
     [ ] So-so
     [ ] Enjoy?

 2) What would you like to see in your next Gdome2 debian package?
    (pkg-config support and gdome2-specific automake macros in
     /usr/share/aclocal are already planned)

     [ ] More documentation in the examples directory
     [ ] Some other package actually using gdome2
     [ ] A new maintainer

 3) Are there any other suggestions or criticisms about the libgdome2
    Debian package?  (Please be rude if you feel inclined to do so)

 4) Do you wish to receive our fantastic newsletter on the Gdome2 world
    directly at home free of charge?

     [ ] Shut up
     [ ] Shut up

Bye, Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico debian org>