Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:50:44 +0200
From: <ulf ljungdahl ssabox com>
Subject: [gdm-list] Metacity dual screen problem with gnome and nvidia
	twinview (tv-out)
To: <gdm-list gnome org>

Please redirect me if this is the the wrong mailinglist.
I have eneabled twinview on my nvidia geforce 6800 in order to be able to use screen :0.1 on my TV. Everything works fine except the fact that metacity gets the 5 workspaces that I use both on my screen and TV. Switching workspace on my monitor in some way switches workspace on the TV too, but only if I have mplayer playing video there. So I would like to use 5 workspaces on my monitor (screen :0.0) and just one workspace on the TV (screen 0:1). Is that possible to achive? And is it GDM, X11 or gnome that handles that configuration? I have googled my eyes red without finding any solution. Any hints would be apriciated.

regards
Ulf Ljungdahl