Re: adding gdm sessions

i'm trying to add a fvwm-theme-start in gdm session, but i can't find a way to do that. In the readme thet are talking about a file .xsession that should be in $HOME but i haven't.

Actually i can choose gnome , kde and fvwm, but i need to change fvwm with fvwm-themes-start.

I hope you can help me

I don't know anything about fvwm, but I can explain the mechanism used for
controlling how a session starts generally.

You should have a fvwm.desktop file installed to your system (either in
datadir/gdm/BuiltInSessions or datadir/xsessions).  The Exec and TryExec
fields determine how the session is started.  Not sure how you tell
fvwm you want to run fvwm-theme-start, but if it can be controlled via
arguments or creating a shell script that launches fvwm the way you
want, then you could control it there.

Otherwise you might dig into how fvwm works and see if they have hooks
for starting things you want.

Brian