Re: gdm and directory permissions

Sorry about responding so late, I was incredibly lazy after guadec and didn't
read/respond to most email ... :)

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 10:01:06AM +0200, Andreas Schubert wrote:
> Hello GDM-Team,
>
> thanks for your great efford of creating and maintaining gdm. However, i had
> some issues with gdm that where hard to find/solve.
>
> We have some "unusual" directory permissions at our site where the home
> directories of users are not owned by the user itself but by someone other.
> This is done for security reasons and can't be changed. So i had the problem,
> that gdm didn't ask for/safe any session as the default session. After looking
> at the source code, i found that there is done a check for directories and
> owners that returns false if the owner isn't the user who wants to log in...
> (which is the normal case for most users of gdm i think, but not for me... :-)
>
> So i patched the sources (2.4.4.7) to add a new configuration option
> "CheckDirOwner" to solve my problem.
>
> I thought i should send you this patch, perhaps you would like to include such
> functionality some day (perhaps there are others than me with similar
> "problems").
>
> If you have any comments, please reply to my email-adress also, as I'm not
> subscribed to this email-list.

I've applied a slightly modified version of this patch to CVS, so it should
be out in the next version.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior