funny choice of words in GDM UI

My wife tried to shut down the computer through the gdm menu.  And she ... had to come ask me how to do it!  And I even agree with her logic.

She did Actions>Shut Down.  So far so good.
Then comes the confirmation dialog:

Are you sure you want to shut down the machine?

[CANCEL]    [HALT]

She knew she didn't want to press the "cancel" button, because it was OK to proceed and shut down.  By the same token, she didn't want to "halt" the shutdown process either.  So she had to ask me for help.

The dialog asks a yes-or-no question and expects the user to recognise that "halt" means "yes" - a bending of english I find quite humorous.