Re: .png resolution

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 11:12:24PM +1200, Rob Giltrap wrote:
> Hello GDM gurus
>
> I need to setup a new GDM greeter screen. Basically I just want to be
> able to drop in a different backdrop for the login screen.
>
> I have on concern before I attempt this.
>
> The documentation (which is very good thank you) says that the .png file
> should be 200x150 resolution however the examples from art.gnome are
> obviously higher resolution (around 800x600) and not simply scaled up.
>
> So I am about to go out and capture the landscape pictures which I wish
> to use and need to know the rules around the resolution size. I intend
> it to be used on machines of varying resolution so I need to know what I
> can and can't do, and I'm trying to avoid having to learn the info
> through trial and error.

200x150 is only for the screenshot, the only place that is used is in the
theme.  The background can be any size and will be scaled appropriately.
Best would of course be to capture the images in the resolution of the screen
that you wish to use to avoid scaling at all.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Who killed bambi?   -- Sex Pistols