Re: hosts_ctl still not defined error.

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:20:30PM -0800, daniel price ngc com wrote:
> Thanks for the help with the libtool problem George.
>
> Now I am having trouble woth the xdmcp.c file and a complaint that
> hosts_ctl isn't defined. Not only is it defined in my tcpd.h file , but
> also, I see that it is prototyped in the same function as it is called.
> Again, this is for gdm-2.4.1.7. Thanks for you help ! I'm almost there.

This is for tcp wrappers.  You can turn them off in the configure script,
although they should have been detected missing (if they are truly missing).
TCP wrappers are kind of evil and the hosts_ctl function, while needed,
doesn't appear in the headers in some versions.  There's probably a link line
that we're missing ...

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do