Re: [gDesklets] How to delete/update uploaded Controls on www.gdesklets.de?

Thank You very much!

I'll upload the XMMS control again after i found out, what causes that freezing-bug. It seems to be, that several xmms sessions were opened in background after some time, which are causing gdesklets to freeze. After closing all running xmms sessions, gdesklets responds again and works... :-/ strange but maybe fixable ;-)

greetings

Ronny

Lauri Kainulainen wrote:
Hi again,

the bug should now be fixed (that and a few other ones encountered on
the way). I've also removed both of your XMMS controls as requested.

Thanks for reporting it!

- Lauri

Ronny Lorenz wrote:
Lauri Kainulainen wrote:
Hi Ronny,

do you get a button that says "Add new version" just below the top title
on the XMMS page: http://gdesklets.de/?q=control/view/131 ?

>From there you can add a new version of the specific control. Mind that
you have to be logged in and it has to be your control.

If you don't see that button with your controls when logged in then
please let me know. It's probably a permissions problem.

Currently only the webmasters are permitted to delete desklets and
controls. I can delete the one you want to get rid of once you have
added the new version to the other.

Greets,
Lauri

Ronny Lorenz wrote:
Hello,

Can anybody tell me, how to upload a new version of an own Control? I
did't find any way to upload a new version of my Control named XMMS.
I changed its source today due to some reasons and wanted to add it
as new version, but after "adding a new Control" (which was the wrong
way, I found out), there are two separate Controls named XMMS in the
list, separate in the meaning of two projects, what they aren't...

So is there any possibility to delete one of these  things  and/or to
upload a new version?

Thanks and greetings

Ronny
Hello Lauri,

there are only the "download-buttons" visible, when I view my control,
although I am logged in. The only things I can do are
watching/downloading my controls/desklets and add new ones :-/
So it possibly is a permission problem, as you mentioned before...

When this is fixed, you can delete Version 0.1, it is quite useless I
think. Or better you delete both controls and I add it again, cause
after running my control some hours today, I got some stability problems
(gdesklets and xmms are freezing after some hours, although they worked
together very well before).
I get no real error message but gDesklets (I use 0.35.4) throws the
following line onto stdout, some short time before both, xmms and
gdesklets, freeze:

DOUBLE-CLICK: 400 --> -1 THRESHOLD: 8 --> -1

As long as I dont know, where this error comes from (either from my
desklet using XMMS control or from the control itself) it is not very
good to provide this control for others, sorry for already inserting my
(not 100% working) control on www.gdesklets.de
(I really try to fix this problem as soon as possible)

Thanks for your fast reply

greetz

Ronny