Post initial install problems

I am currently using Fedora Core 3 with GConf2-2.8.1.

When I package up a program that uses gconf as an RPM, after the installation of the RPM package, the schema is installed fine, but the default values are not available. This causes the program to behave badly, as it relies on many of the default schema values to display properly.

If I shutdown and restart gconfd-2 before running the program, all is fine.

How do I get this to work properly without having to shutdown and restart gconfd-2?

Derrick