Re: Setting mandatory values to create default panel

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:52:00 +0100, Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com> wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>         gnome-panel in 2.0/2.2 was dumb - it treated GConf like a normal
> configuration file by loading the configuration on startup and saving it
> on exit. GConf apps are supposed to only change values in the database
> as a result of user input and then react to notifications of those
> changes being successful.
>
>         In GNOME 2.4 the panel's configuration code has been re-written and
> does things right.
>
>         On logout, do you see errors in syslog or is a error dialog presented
> to? If its just warnings to syslog they can be safely ignored (there's
> probably some way you could filter them out).
>
> Cheers,
> Mark.

    On logout i see a dialog box that pops up that I can click detail
to view the gconf error.  Part of the issue is that since dialog is
displayed after I logout I am unable to click the the details box.  I
modified syslog to log user messages and can see the message written
to the /var/log/user file.  One message for each mandatory value is
written.  Is there a way to disable the abilty to right-click and
select properties for the gnome-panel.  This would work just as good
as setting a mandatory value.  Because the value would not be able to
be change through the use of the gui.