Local locks patch, did that go anywhere?

Hi,

I've been lurking in the archives, trying to find out how to get GConf to
work with a Samba mounted user home directory. Apparently, the same issues
which affect NFS home dirs are affection me. I'd like to take the easy way
out, avoid the locking whatever, and use the GCONF_LOCAL_LOCKS patch, but
it appears that nobody has touched that code since this past September!

Are there any plans to merge in the local locks patch? the ORB something's
non-DOS mechanism? Perhaps to at least up date the old patch? (which
fails with quite a number of rejects on 1.2.1 and 2.2.0)

Thanks,
Aaron