Mandatory Settings

Hello,
I have a question and it seems that this list would be best suited, but
please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm working on a project right now to convert gnome to function as a
restricted workstation with 3 primary users. Remote administrators,
Managers and employees.  Now, managers can do pretty much anything that
doesn't require root access.  Users on the other hand, are limited to
certain website restrictions and have a very limited Main Menu.

Right now, I have mandatory gconf settings in
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory that make stuff like background/theme/etc
read-only... for all users.  Is there a way to implement users so that
they certain users (Managers) can have access to stuff like the address
bar in Epihany and the regular users can't AND make both of those
settings read-only to the users they apply to?  Does that sound too
complicated?  Is there a better way?

Cheers,
Nick