Re: garnome on red-hat el

Pierre,

I believe you are correct.

I reviewed the documentation for automake and friends. ACLOCAL_FLAGS is
*not* honored by aclocal. ACLOCAL_FLAGS is honored by gnome-autogen.sh,
intltool, glade autogen.sh, and some of the other GNOME autogen.sh
scripts.

[from the automake doc]

`ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS' contains options to pass to `aclocal' when
`aclocal.m4' is to be rebuilt by `make'.  This line is also used by
`autoreconf' (*note Using `autoreconf' to Update `configure' Scripts:
(autoconf)autoreconf Invocation.) to run `aclocal' with suitable
options, or by `autopoint' (*note Invoking the `autopoint' Program:
(gettext)autopoint Invocation.)  and `gettextize' (*note Invoking the
`gettextize' Program: (gettext)gettextize Invocation.) to locate the
place where Gettext's macros should be installed.  So even if you do
not really care about the rebuild rules, you should define
`ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS'.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net