Re: Getting Red Hat menus visible in Garnome??

Paul,

Welcome to the new menu specification:

        http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fmenu_2dspec

Try this simple exercise:
* create a new user account
The new user home directory should contain the minimal set of dot files
for our OS. In particular, the new user home directory should have *no*
gnome dot files.

* start up GARNOME.

* explore the menus

If all goes well, you should see not only all of your old redhat/kde
entries but also all of the new GARNOME entries.

* Now read the menu spec to learn how to craft a  menu list exclusion
file.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net