Re: How to safely build GARNOME-2.10.x

There are issues in my mind as to just how automated we would like the
build, install, and setup for the stable GARNOME release to be.

It's easy to imagine a garnome-setup script that is run once by each new
user.  It is also easy to get carried away with this idea.

Suppose the build/install "creates" [more likely edits] two scripts
* garnome-session
* garnome-setup

and places these in the $(GARNOME)/bin directory.

The garnome-session script contains the usual environment setup stuff
and ends with a call to $(GARNOME)/bin/gnome-session

The garnome-setup script would be an something with an interactive
dialog that a new user runs once to "check stuff" and create either
xinitrc.garnome or xsession.garnome in the user's home directory.  I
would not attempt to automatically edit the user's existing .xnitrc file
or .xsession file. That's just asking for it...

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net