Installing Mozilla libraries without Mozilla itself

Hi everybody,

I'm thinking of not installing Mozilla in my Garnome build on Solaris 9/SPARC,
because the only way to build Mozilla with Java support is to use Solaris
proprietary (commercial) compiler suite "Forte". I'm able to do this, but the
Mozilla is not so stable as it should, and I'm not sure, where the problem is.
I'm pretty sure, that Sun's people recommend (require) that the GTK libraries
are compiled with the _same_ compiler as Mozilla - and this is hard to
accomplish, because if you compile GTK+ with Forte, almost everything must be
compiled by Forte (due to Forte-specific parameters/switches in various .pc
file).

So, the short story: I can happily replace Mozilla by using Sun's Mozilla
(downloaded from Sun.com), maybe even with Firefox; but what libraries and
include files would I need? I'm namely thinking of NSS (maybe other) libraries
which are part of Mozilla itself.

Could you perhaps advise how to install them, and if the NSS library is enough
for me? (For example, Gaim and Evolution 2.x need NSS for secure connections
to work). Anybody has tried this?

Please note: I've _not_ yet tried to build Evo and/or Gaim without my own
compiled Mozilla installed, so if you just tell me "it would work ok with
pre-built Mozilla", I'm a happy man.

Regards and thanks
Ivan

--

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.