Re: garnome-0.17.0.png problem

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 14:00 +0100, Jim Maas wrote:
> http://www.gnome.org/%7Ejdub/garnome/splash/garnome-0.17.0.png
>            => `download/partial/garnome-0.17.0.png'
> Resolving www.gnome.org... 12.107.209.247
> Connecting to www.gnome.org[12.107.209.247]:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> 13:48:30 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>
> make[2]: ***
> [http//www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/splash/garnome-0.17.0.png] Error 1
> All was going well until I have this problem.  I've tried Googling and
> found some old stuff about using a new compiler.  I just got a new
> gcc, 3.4 I think, but not absolutely sure it is being used in this
> case.
>
> I can not find this file anywhere on the web.  Can anyone tell me what
> I'm doing wrong or how to fix it?

It's because (some of?) the Gnome servers are being relocated, so the
home directories are not available. The problem will go away when the
machines are back online. When the Garnome website is back up, this will
work.

In the mean time, you can remove $(SPLASH_IMAGE) from the DISTFILES
variable in gnome-session's Makefile and remove the PATCHFILES line.
That will give you vanilla splash screen instead of the funky Garnome
one.

/Jens