Re: missing .so files and stuff

Hi again!

Thank you so much for the instruction to edit the gar.conf.mk in order
to rm the tarballs after install.

I now got the garnome desktop up, but I had to 'make install' two times
in the desktop directory. Epiphany won't work, though, and in order to
get sound I had to go into the fifth-toe directory and install
gnome-audio.

Which is the best way to install garnome in? Presently I decided to
start installing from the first listed directory 'bindings' and go
through the various directories in alphabetical order and eventually do
some make installs on the journey.

My main interest is to get a gnome desktop with evolution.

So, there are 12 subdirectories in the garnome-0.30.1 directory:
bindings, bootstrap, broken, desktop, fifth-toe, geektoys, hacker-tools,
matchbox, mono, office, platform and proposed (which is empty).

I now have the desktop installed and gnome-audio from fifth-toe and I am
presently installing all of the bindings directory.

As user I can always just cd to garnome-0.30.1 and do 'make install' and
install the entire garnome, or try to do some picking from here and
there to hopefully get a functioning "office desktop".

3) Is there some 'dummy' install recommendation?

Sorry to be so un-nurdish. It would be nice, though, to give garnome a
try, but there isn't so much info I can study concerning the install
process. I'm pretty stubborn, so I usually learn much the hard way
through trial and error, but it affects my health :-)

Have a nice Sunday

Borje
borje4 chello se