Re: paranoid error

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 23:17 +0100, Christian Machmeier wrote:
> Hy everbody!
>
> I'm a absolute novice user of gnome (for three days now) and i'm
> currently running a stock GNOME installation (version 2.2 shipping with
> SuSE 8.2). Two days ago I discovered Garnome, which I think is a very
> cool and sexy project. Anyway, I downloaded the tarball, did the
> configuration as specified on the website
> <http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/> and tried to solve all
> dependencies in advance. If that actually succeeded, I wouldn't swear
> it, but I did my best, AFAIK. So when I try to run make the following..
>
> grisu villain:~/garnome> cd desktop/
> grisu villain:~/garnome/desktop> make paranoid-install
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/grisu/garnome/desktop/bug-buddy'
> [===== NOW BUILDING:    bug-buddy-2.5.3 =====]
>         [fetch] complete for bug-buddy.
>
> [...]
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/grisu/garnome/platform/libbonoboui'
> [===== NOW BUILDING:    libbonoboui-2.5.2       =====]
>         [fetch] complete for libbonoboui.
>         [checksum] complete for libbonoboui.
> /bin/sh: line 1: /home/grisu/garnome/bin/intltoolize: Datei oder
> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden make[3]: *** [post-extract] Fehler 127
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/grisu/garnome/platform/libbonoboui'
> make[2]: *** [../../platform/libbonoboui/cookies/main.d/install] Fehler
> 2 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/grisu/garnome/platform/libgnomeui'
> make[1]: *** [../../platform/libgnomeui/cookies/main.d/install] Fehler 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/grisu/garnome/desktop/bug-buddy'
> make: *** [paranoid-install] Fehler 2
>
> So far so bad, I don't really understand the meaning of this error
> message. "/home/grisu/garnome/bin/intltoolize" doesn't exist, that's
> true. What's next? What is this? Where do I get it?
>
> tia & regards	> christian

intltoolize is provided by intltool in platform/intltool/

cd ~/garnome/platform/intltool/ && make

..should get you what you need.
I'm curious why it hasn't been built as a dependancy already, however:
libbonoboui depends on libgnome .. which depends on gnome-vfs .. which
depends on intltool.

if "make" in intltool doesn't get you any further, try "make install" -
it shouldn't make a difference, but I use it habitually.

A small digression which I hope won't be taken as rude, running:

LANG=C make paranoid-install

will result in the errors being thrown in english.  While I respect that
not everyone speaks english as a first language, it will make it easier
for the majority of list members to read.

HTH,
  Shaun