RE: so know one can help me write a run script

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, thansen wrote:

> BTW: I must agree with most people of this list: I am not sure if
> garnome is for you; Garnome is a kind of snapshot, a development
> release, designed to be used by developers and those mad guys who love
> breaking and fixing again their systems. You seem to be much more a
> final user than a risk-taker. So, why donīt you try a "normal"
> distribuition? And if gnome is what you have on fedora and you donīt
> like it, why do you think that garnome (which is just a gnome
> distribution) would be better? Maybe you could try using other desktop
> managers, like xfce or kde (ouch!).

Nuju, Fedora Core 1 comes with gnome 2.4, which is a REALLY good Desktop.
I actually gave up on GARNOME for a while because Fedora's Gnome is quite
good, and the hassle of building the 2.5 development series of gnome is
really not worth it, if you just want a usable desktop.  Of course, I've
been trying to compile the latest version for a while now, because I'm
that kind of masochistic person, but I highly recommend just using the
GNOME that comes with Fedora.  It's really quite nice, and I'm having
trouble installing the latest GARNOME, and I've been installing GARNOME on
a regular basis for well over a year.  Sometimes GARNOME installs very
smoothly, sometimes you seem to hit snag after snag after snag.  This is
definitely a snaggy one for me, and it seems to be for you as well.

> Thomas
>
> > And I am a jamican but I have been living an a American for 16 years
> I have
> > graduated from Kennesaw State University in GA

Matt Rose     mattrose folkwolf net    Visit my blog!  http://folkwolf.net
He's a war-weary misogynist senator moving from town to town, helping
folk in trouble. She's a transdimensional goth magician's assistant
fleeing from a Satanic cult. They fight crime!
Random Crime Fighters by http://www.rain-street.org/fightcrime.htm