Re: Garnome on FC1 issues

for 1.), have a look at:

~/.gnome2/vfolders/applications.vfolder-info

you can exclude older dirs (most likely in /usr) from
merging in.

if that file is not there, create a copy from:

$GARNOME/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders

and exclude unneeded dirs.

You can delete duplicates manually from the menu
itself. It will modify that file in your home.