Re: compiling gcvs

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Jardim <ernesto ipimar pt> writes:

> It looks however that it is not finding gtk ... in fact I don't find any
> gtk-config in my garnome tree.

Because there should not be any gtk-config in your garnome tree (see below).

> Can someone tell me what's happening ?

gtk-config was used in Gtk+ 1.2 days -- Gtk+ is now at 2.3 (going to
2.4), so we may safely conclude that gcvs is severely outdated.

FWIW, Gtk+ uses pkg-config these days, which basically unites all the
functionality of different *-config scripts provided, and therefore
makes it easier for maintainers to provide the same stuff without
including hundreds of *-config files.

Cheers,
Danilo