Re: Garnome 2.5.92: Xft backend error when building gtk+

> > I just did it (remove the cookies directory in platform/gtk+). This
> > makes no difference.

> Then I am out of ideas :(

> It compiled smoothly on my heavily modified Debian unstable machine where
> I have played with XFree86 compiled from source, fd.o xserver compiled
> from source, older gnomes compiled from source etc.

> (this is just to inspire hope that it really /is/ possible :) )

I tried another idea: completely erase the garnome hierarchy, then
start in a different way:
- cd bootstrap/xft ; make install
- cd ../platform/gtk+ ; make install
- cd ../desktop ; make paranoid-install

It seems to be working. At least, gtk+ install worked smoothly, and
paranoid-install in desktop has been working for more than a hour now...

--

			Olivier Lecarme