Re: garnome attempts to install lib in /usr/local/lib

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 17:53, Ijonas Kisselbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building garnome-0.27.1 on a vanilla RH9. After building gnome-vfs
> it attempts to install a library in
> /usr/local/lib/libgnomevfs-2.so.0.400.0. It obviously needs root access
> to that folder. My question is: should it be allow to copy files into
> /usr/lib ? My perception was that garnome can exist standalone from the
> rest of RH9, not affecting any other Gnome/GTK installation.

It should definitely not install files in any other places than the ones
you've defined in gar.conf.mk.

Default is to install in ~/garnome. If you haven't changed that, it
shouldn't install files anywhere else. Regardless, the install
directories listed in gar.conf.mk are the only places files should be
installed.

/Jens