Re: not finding glib when configuring atk (garnome 0.27.1)

I've set the env variable to:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

where $GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig is currently empty
where /usr/lib/pkgconfig contains a glib.pc
and /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig contains a glib-2.0.pc

seeing as the config.log is saying:
checking for pkg-config... /home/ijonas/garnome/bin/pkg-config
its looking for content in home/ijonas/garnome/lib/pkgconfig...

Seeing as there currently isn't any Gnome 2.4 content in that folder
should I deduce that something gone wrong further back in the build
process ? If so, how do I do the equivalent of a 'make clean' with
garnome and start again ?

Cheers,
Ijonas.