Re: Install Issues with 0.27.1

Jerry Talkington wrote:

make makesums
will create the checksum for you.

It's easy when you know how!  Thanks.

Well now I have everything working except gedit. When I try to run gedit nothing happens on screen, but when I quit X later the message below is repeated two or three times:

Gedit:  ** FIXME - Close down linc connections **

The fact that I'm getting a FIXME message suggests that maybe that's something gedit's developers were planning to fix prior to release, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else was getting similar issues with Garnome 0.27.1.

I have tried going into the Garnome-0.27.1/gnome folder and re-making both gedit and lincs, but it has had no effect. If anyone else is getting this, then let me know and I'll find out how to file a bug report to the team maintaining gedit.

Thanks again to everyone (especially Jerry) for their suggestions and help.

Mark