Re: fontconfig: undefined reference to FT_Get_BDF_Property

>The problem is that old freetype2's are lying around in /usr/lib
>and /usr/local/lib. I removed them until make install is done
>for the affected packages.

Those older Freetype libs in /usr are most likely from an SuSe freetype (or
some other)
package that gets installed by default for use with other SuSe packages
(KDE/Gnome/Xfree,etc). Why you have freetype libs in /usr/local is beyond me, I
highly doubt SuSe had anything to do with that. Have you installed freetype
yourself to that location?

> Is there a better solution?

Of course :-) The best solution would be to choose one version of freetype2 and
remove all other references of other version from your system. Your first step
should be to examine why you have freetype files in /usr and /usr/local......

>(control-center *does* use freetype2-config in garnome's prefix!)

Duh

Ryan Q.