Re: Debian Sid/Unstable Prerequisites

<quote who="Kevin C. Krinke">

> The following is a complete list of packages needed to compile everything
> under "garnome-0.27.0/gnome". If I've missed anything, please let me know
> :)

Elite, thanks!

> bison
> docbook-xml
> docbook-xsl
> flex
> gcc
> gettext
> make
> openjade
> patch
> texinfo
> xutils
> valgrind
> zip
> pilot-link

What did you need xutils for, out of interest? [ The list on the GARNOME
site notes which garball requires each dependency - this is handy stuff...
Though not sure if you wrote this down or remember it. ;-) ]

> libpng3-dev
> libjpeg-dev
> libtiff-dev
> libncurses5-dev
> xlibs-dev
> libpopt-dev
> libdb3-dev
> libbz2-dev
> zlib1g-dev
> libexpat1-dev
> libgdbmg1-dev
> libgmp3-dev
> libpcre3-dev
> libsmbclient-dev
> libaspell-dev
> libgtkspell-dev
> python2.3-dev
> libopenh323-dev
> libpt-dev
> libmusicbrainz2-dev
> binutils-dev
> libltdl3-dev
> libapm-dev
> libgnome-desktop-dev

What did you need this for?

> libcupsys2-dev
> libopenh323-dev
> libgpgme-dev
> libpisock-dev
> libreadline4-dev
> libsensors-dev
> libldap2-dev
> libsdl-dev

One thing you missed that is fairly important for anyone doing video with
GStreamer is libhermes-dev -> if you don't have that, you get the 'no
colorspace plugin' errors. :-)

Thanks very much for this!

             Toothpaste is the most important meal of the day.