Re: index.sgml

<quote who="sams marketing-designs com">

> Okay, I am getting this problem too.  The "html/index.sgml doesn't
> exist" issue that has been mentioned a couple times.  I will paste the
> error just for easier searching (if it ever works).

For a dirty fix, change --enable-gtk-doc to --disable-gtk-doc in
gnome/category.mk. You won't get docs though, and devhelp won't be any fun.
:-)

> file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-3.1/html/docbook.xsl line

This looks oldish, but I'm not sure that's the problem.

> So, all in all, it looks like a messed install of the stylesheets (in my
> case) and a messed up autoconf/automake in glib somewhere.  It shouldn't
> fail if it can't generate the docbook, and it should give a better warning
> than just letting make tell us that file doesn't exist.

This isn't glib's fault. It's a combination of gtk-doc problems and
--enable-gtk-doc being turned on for everything in GARNOME now.

GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

    Echidnas, or at least the ones I've met, don't have joy. Adults very
     rarely have joy. Kids have hyperkinetic nuclear joy in abundance.