Re: Compiling net-rhythmbox (slightly OT)

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 12:47, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > I have all the libraries installed that were mentioned in a recent
> > post.  I also have libmusicbrainz installed (incidently, there seems to
> > be a problem with the version in Debian unstable as I couldn't build
> > sound-juicer with it and had to install from source).
>
> sound-juicer and net-rb use different versions of musicbrainz in their
> current releases (both versions of mbz are installable in sid), this is
> probably related to both problems.

grepping through the code for libmusicbrainz 2.0.1 shows no sign of
either of those variables (MBE_TrackGetAlbumName, MBE_TrackGetAlbumId)
?!

I commented them out (!) and pushed on (small matter of no album
names...)

Now I have errors with:

    rb-shell.c: In function `rb_shell_init':
    rb-shell.c:463: too many arguments to function `xosd_init'
    cc1: warnings being treated as errors
    rb-shell.c: In function `rb_shell_finalize':
    rb-shell.c:521: warning: implicit declaration of function
    `xosd_destroy'
    rb-shell.c: In function `rb_shell_set_window_title':
    rb-shell.c:1368: warning: implicit declaration of function
    `xosd_is_onscreen'
    make[2]: *** [rb-shell.o] Error 1

I'll try disabling that too :-((

This used to be a great app but I haven't been able to build it for
several versions now...

--
* Simon Wong *