tiny font fix (kinda)

I see a bunch of people with the 1-pixel font problem. I have no idea what
the root cause is, but the following procedure cleared it up for me:

Turn off GDK_USE_XFT (in the garnome startup script)

Startup garnome, go to the Application_Settings->font dialog.
Pick a different application font until the anti-alias example
blocks are readable.

turn GDK_USE_XFT back on again

I'm guessing that the format of some of the font options have changed, but
this is the only way I could find it. It may be that one of the other
desperate measures I went through actually did the trick, but this is
worth a go if you can't read anything :)

Cheers,
Mike
--
Mike Wyer     <mike wyer org>     www.wyer.org/mike     07974 254007

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather...
  ... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car"